Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Back to the grind

Monday morning when my husband's alarm clock went off, instead of rolling over and trying to go back to sleep like I have for the last 12 weeks, I had to haul myself out of bed, put on my big girl clothes and try to make myself look presentable.

Yep, maternity leave is over, my friends. :insert sad face here:

For 12 glorious weeks, I didn't have to worry about commuting, or meetings, or deadlines. But happy, fun time has come to an end and my life is busy hectic batshit crazy.

Mornings now consists of getting myself and two kids dressed, lunches/bottles made, toddler fed and baby nursed, clean diapers packed, several baby diaper changes during the process, spit up cleaned, and let's not forget mama's coffee.

Then I get to spend 45 minutes of me time in my car. I seriously don't mind my morning commute. It's when I enjoy my coffee while it is actually hot and listen to audiobooks.

Work a full day then hit the streets for the 60 minute drive home. This one is less fun, there is no coffee and I am anxious to get home.

Get home, nurse Landry, play with Caroline, help fix dinner, bath times, bed times, wash diapers, prep as much for tomorrow morning as possible, clean kitchen, shower, 5 minutes playing on Facebook until my eyes can't stay open a minute longer.

Well, that was day 1 anyway. I'm sure we will find our groove and if not, Scott will be on summer vacation in another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment