Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Old, fat and out of shape

That is how I feel today. It's not a bad thing. It's just a reminder of where I am.

Today I am 6 weeks  post-partum which means that my excuse for not exercising has gone away. I'm actually really glad because I've been itching to run. I started at the beginning. Day 1 of week 1 of the couch to 5K (C25K) program. During those first few jogging steps, I practically creaked. I could feel every excess pound on my knees. I could feel the muscle atrophy of 10 months of no exercise. But after a few minutes I got going and really enjoyed it. I was slow. I was tired. But I felt good.

I have a long way to go before I have any real level of fitness. And longer to go to resemble the fitness level, I had for most of my 30's. But step 1 is done and I'm that much closer now.

C25K
W1D1
1.5 miles, 30 minutes
180 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment