Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013: The Year of Less

Happy New Year! As I said on my Facebook page, whether your 2012 was good or bad, I hope 2013 is better. I certainly have no complaints about 2012. We welcomed our little (big) Landry and nothing went too terribly wrong during the year. I call that a win.

Now we welcome in a new year and like everyone else I use the beginning of a new year as time to assess my life and make some changes. Of course, I want to lose weight, exercise more and all that jazz but really want in my life is less excess. Looking around at  my house is somewhat sickening. I don't mean the mess, well not entirely. I just mean the amount of stuff we have. Excess. In a four bedroom, four bathroom house we can't find a place to put everything?!?!? Our middle floor looks like Toys R Us vomited all over it. Our kitchen is full of food we'll never eat. My stomach is always full of food I didn't need. It's ridiculous. And we keep buying more. We keep eating more. We keep wasting more. Confusing need and want all along the way.

So this is a year of less. Less consumption. Less buying. Less spending. Less waste. Less stuff. Less eating. Less weight. Less stress? The Year of Less.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” -Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment